Monday, May 16, 2005

Humble Pie

Lord, make my words sweet and tender for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

I don't know who said these words, but did they ever hit the nail on the head! Have you ever been pissed off with someone and you let them know, sparing no feelings, you just let them (and anyone else within earshot) know? I do that sometimes 'cause I'm a yeller. I lose my temper quickly and easily but I never stay angry for long. When I'm mad though, I have learnt that I have a tendency to say things I don't mean. So I have tried to tame my tongue but sometimes it still gets the better of me. This evening wg-k lost the match to the tongue and the object of wrath was my dearest hubby.

I was mad, I was sad, I was overwhelmed...I don't know why I couldn't just explain that. Instead I ranted and raved about everything. The funny thing is, as I was being so unreasonable it was almost like I was watching myself from outside my body. And I did not like what I saw. I was being a complete ass (as in donkey, not derriere).

As soon as I calmed down, I realised how unreasonable I had been. It wasn't that I had no reason to be mad, but I had no reason, or right for that matter, to talk to #1 like that. So we talked and he told me how he felt and I ate my words accompanied by a hulking helping of humble pie.

I love you baby...I'm sorry. Really. I know that I'm sorry isn't enough but I don't know how else to express the regret I feel for acting like that. Forgive me?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another reason why you are my BT:

I do that sometimes 'cause I'm a yeller. I lose my temper quickly and easily but I never stay angry for long.

That is me kabisa. I always say it is better to have many short episodes of anger than to leave it all in and have one huge outburst.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 12:31:00 pm  
Blogger wg-k said...

yep, BT for sure. I find it unbearable to hold things in when I'm ticked off. I want to get it off my chest (then find something elso to fret about!) :)

Thursday, May 19, 2005 10:45:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home