Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hiatus

Doctor's Note
Webster can help me explain where I've been. He's my equivalent of a doctor's note to be excused from swimming or P.E. (long story).

Hiatus
a : an interruption in time or continuity, a period when something (as a program or activity) is suspended or interrupted

Webster however can't fully explain why I've been there. For that, we need a therapist, or several and a whole lotta time!

To everyone who's stopped by periodically and said something, or not, thank you. And Medusa, thanks for being that incessant voice in my head (well, my ear) telling me to get back on the horse, ok, the computer.

At the risk of sounding like a wannabe Oscar, Emmy or other award winner...oh wait, too late!

The Real Reason
It’s been a crappy past few months. Oh heck, it’s been SHITTY! That’s the word. No room for pretentious political correctness. There are days when I felt so tightly wound that I knew that writing down how I felt would crumble my carefully crafted control to smithereens. So I’ve stayed away from my blog and inside my head because that’s been the safest space to unravel my thoughts and iron my mental creases.

In retrospect, maybe writing it all down would have helped but I needed to allow myself not to push, not to do anything I didn’t want to. It seems counterintuitive that I would stay away from something so freeing and which I love so much but it’s helped. Either that or I’m so far gone now I’m under the illusion that it’s all good. Now, where is that other bottle……

It's good to be back! I did miss the blog and the bloggers.



5 Comments:

Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

its great to have u back

i even changed y url just follow teh link

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 2:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I have some glorious Spanish wine if you want company. Hope things have cleared up. Welcome back!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:50:00 am  
Blogger Medusa said...

Hello my dear..this is grrrreat!! Lakini I know what this is about..you just want to make sure no one forgets your birthday-.. (JULY 19TH)aha..So whats on your wishlist anyway? Not that It really matters, I already know what I'm getting you- A ceiling fan for MY room in your home..he he..Don't you just love me even more? :)

Thursday, July 13, 2006 3:05:00 pm  
Blogger wg-k said...

nick, thanx for stopping by. ditto to Poi. Ms. K, that Spanish wine sounds like a plan. Please share! Medusa, I'm ignoring your continued shameless campaign to move in with Mr. K and I. :)

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 4:14:00 pm  
Blogger Prousette said...

werocamu back!!

Thursday, July 20, 2006 3:32:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home